March 16, 2017
Lifepointe’s High School Community is proud to offer a scholarship opportunity to assist high school seniors in obtaining higher education by providing financial aid. We believe this to be in line with the charge that Christ has given to His church to help those in need.
Cameron Wagner, a sophomore at Western Carolina University was following in his father’s footsteps by pursuing a degree in engineering. In April, 2008, he died in a motorcycle accident near his home in Cullowhee. To enable his dreams and aspirations to live on in other young people, his parents, David & Cindy Wagner, together with Grant and Caroline, his brother and sister, have established the Cameron Wagner Memorial Scholarship Fund to provide educational scholarships to high school seniors who are active in Lifepointe’s High School Community.
The scholarship will award one rising college freshman with $1,500 to cover school related expenses during their first year in school. The student(s) selected to receive the Cameron Wagner Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating high school senior associated with Lifepointe Church and active in Lifepointe’s High School Community
- Possess a grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Participate in school, church and/or community activities
- Reflect the Christian characteristics described in Romans 12:1-2 and 1 Timothy 4:12
- Sunday May 14, 2017 at midnight – All applications must be received
- Scholarship awarded Sunday June 4, 2017 at our Youth Summer Kick Off
Click here for application