EQUIPPED TO COUNSEL
I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.
Do you have a passion to help real people with real problems with the Gospel?
A Biblical Certification Course
ABC’s Equip to Counsel 1 is an 8 month intensive certification course designed to equip followers of Christ with the ability to apply the gospel in personal and specific ways to the heart and struggles of others. We will address both the theology and practice of gospel-centered discipleship. The training will equip people to provide quality soul care within informal and formal counseling situations. Issues such as addictions, anxiety, anger, depression will be covered.
ETC is designed for Christ Followers who are seeking to love others well wherever God has placed them. Christians from all spheres of life who complete this training will benefit – small group leader, pastor, social worker, coach, elder, licensed profession counselor, lay counselor, small group member … anybody who interacts with people on a daily basis and wants to care for people well.
When & Where
October 2022 – June 2023 – Training will combine self-study, online discussion and 8 live sessions (mix of virtual and in-person). These sessions are optional but are meant to enhance discussion of case studies and soul care related topics. You will be responsible to complete and submit all necessary assignments required for certification.
- Seats are very limited (10).
- Check out ‘More Information’ section below.
- Click here to schedule time with Rob Perry to get more information, ask questions and claim a spot in the class.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of the Christian life that includes active involvement in a community of believers.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of counseling that emphasizes the call of all believers to take part in the work of counseling and discipleship.
- Understand the basic meaning of biblical counseling.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the general and specific methods of biblical counseling.
- Cover various counseling related issues that include depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, and sexuality.
- Develop a genuine love for others, and an active, daily prayer life.
Soul Care Practicum
Mid-way through the class, the students will be required to disciple an individual or couple for ten weeks. It cannot be family. Soul care meetings may take place in-person or video, but it should be in a private setting.
Reading & Journal
Each week’s assignment will include articles and additional resources for further learning and personal development. During second semester, in addition to the required practicum, a biblical counseling journal will be used to record and document student development and growth while practicing and applying what is being learned in a biblical counseling session.
Course participants are expected to complete all weekly readings, assignments, teachings and class discussions. Estimated time to completion is 8 months with a commitment of at least 5 hours weekly. In order to retain certification, students must remain an ABC member.
Cost – $525**
covers all videos, textbook and articles required for the class as well as ABC certification upon completion of all requirements, 1st year of ABC membership and live-stream ticket for the 2023 Called to Counsel Conference.
* $25 of that cost you’ll pay directly to ABC upon course application.
* Partial scholarships are available if needed.