Reports to: Creative Director
Team: Central Creative
The Graphics Specialist is responsible for advancing the Gospel by creating designs for social media accounts and platforms produced by the church. Use design skills to create graphic content for series, events, ministries, web, and relative marketing content. Work closely with the Creative Director to maintain brand identity and assist in brand ambassadorship.
CREATIVE DESIGN —Design graphics and campaigns for the global church brand. Creatively mix brand guidelines, platform standards, and user expectations to create beautifully simple designs. Collaborate with the creative team to evaluate, design, and influence the user experience across church products. Balance the ability to bring the future to life while maintaining design excellence in the present.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT —Assist in the management of projects and the organization of content. Work with the Creative Director to ensure projects are managed appropriately and timelines are met. Develop and improve systems where necessary. Collaborate with the Creative Team members to deliver final products.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEB — Work closely to with the communication director to create graphics & campaigns to be used on social media accounts. Find new and improved ways to market content through social media and the website. Follow trends to ensure proper reach to the audience. Work with the Creative Director to ensure creative variability for church-wide website development and content integration.
BRAND MANAGEMENT —Properly steward the integrity of the global brand by monitoring adherence to style guide and providing brand clarity when necessary. Closely monitor “black market graphics” and reconcile branding issues when they arise. Work with the Creative Director to implement and launch brand campaigns as presented by staff for specific seasonal projects.
- Relevant experience in Graphic Design
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to build designs from scratch and strong eye for typography and layout
- Highly adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to produce in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Portfolio available online
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Receives feedback and enjoys collaborating with other creatives
- Proven success with forward-thinking design within a church/non-profit setting
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Experience in video and/or motion graphics
- Experience in magazine, brochure, or print layout design
- Experience in apparel design